- When you regularly get approached (by friends, relatives and strangers) with questions like, “Which one of these thingamajigs is better?”
- When you know what the difference between a SAN and a NAS is.
- When you land on a web site and have to first try and login to see if you already made an account there.
- When your backpack contains enough cables and electronics to make every metal detector and X-Ray scanner go berserk every time it passes through.
- When it takes you anything from an hour to a couple of days to explain what you do to another Geek.
- When it takes you 5 seconds to eplain what you do to a mere mortal.
- When you ask people to email you what they just told you.
- When people point to your web browser and say “What is that?”
- When you walk in to office around 3 PM and leave around 3 AM. And vice-versa of course.
- When you can type better with your eyes shut than when you’re looking at the characters pop up on the screen one-by-one.
- When you can figure out the logical, technical and business flaws in an application faster than most people can say “Hello, World!” in it.
- When you run out of space to plug in hard disks in your home computer.
- When people begin to ask you if you want to store the data that they just downloaded so that they can delete it when they want to.
- When you click on “Settings” before you click on “File->New”.
- When you have people on your MSN Contact list who begin a conversation with a URL instead of a “Hi!”.